Today, I have with me Shannon Szarek, a wife and mummy to their beautiful baby girl, Talia. Shannon is talking to us about how she met her husband, Jason and how they fell in love. She also tells us about her wedding planning journey and whats in store for them moving forward. Without further ado, over to you.
- Where did you meet your partner?
I met my partner whilst working at Mc Donald’s, we were both studying in Canterbury.
- How long had you been together before you became engaged?
We were together for 2 months, things moved quickly as we had been friends for a while before.
- Can you remember an exact point when you looked at your partner and thought, “he’s the one!“
Well, even before we were together I had always had the hots for him!
- Where and how did the proposal take place? Was it expected or a complete shock?
It was a complete shock! It happened 2 weeks before I was going to train with Monarch Airlines to become Cabin Crew. I told my partner Jason that this was my dream career and he either is to stand by me or we can stay friends. Shortly after, he popped the question and said “I want to prove I will always stand by you and your dreams”.
- What does marriage mean to you?
I think every girl dreams of her wedding day, it’s just finding the right person. For me, I’ve always wanted to be married, have a home and a family.
- Did you both have the opportunity to meet each others families before the engagement?
Yes, he met my Mum and Dad at our yearly house party!
- Have you always had a set idea of how you’d like your wedding day or are you open to ideas?
I have always had an idea on how I want my wedding to be.
- Did you plan a small, intimate ceremony or a large wedding?
Our wedding was a large one!
- Did you enjoy wedding planning? What was the most enjoyable part? What was the most stressful part?
I loved planning my wedding! The best parts were doing things with my bridesmaids who couldn’t help me enough and were apart of nearly all my decision making and planning. I didn’t find anything stressful, I had such a great team!
- What are your future plans together?
Our future plans are to have a family, succeed in our careers and live happily (cheesy I know!)
What a beautiful love story!
Thank you for taking the time to speak with us at DMW today.