This week, we have the pleasure of speaking to the lovely Bride-to-be, Laura. She tells us how she met her ‘now’ fiance, Pete and how they fell in love by accident!
- Where did you meet your partner?
We first met through our media studies class at college in 2010, and then met again back in a pub in Hayward’s Heath in 2016.
- How long had you been together before you became engaged?
We were together for 18 months before we got engaged.
- Can you remember an exact point when you looked at your partner and thought, “he’s the one!”
When I moved into the flat he was renting, originally as friends! – and that was in March 2017.
- Where and how did the proposal take place? Was it expected or a complete shock?
He took me away to Amsterdam for the day. I was expecting a proposal, as he had told me before that he had bought a ring 6 months prior!
- What does marriage mean to you?
It means spending the rest of our lives with your best friend and soul mate.
- Did you both have the opportunity to meet each others families before the engagement?
- Have you always had a set idea of how you’d like your wedding day or are you open to ideas?
I have some ideas in my head, however I am very open to any ideas and appreciate anyone’s suggestions to make it a great day for everyone
- Are you planning a small, intimate ceremony or a large wedding?
I originally wanted a small intimate ceremony but due to the amount of people we would like to attend it’s very unlikely!
- Have you enjoyed wedding planning so far? What’s been the most enjoyable part? What’s been the most stressful part?
Yes I have but I haven’t been able to do as much as I would like due to studying plans. The most stressful part is the clash of opinions over what Pete and I would like!
- What are your future plans together?
To not murder each other! We would love to buy a place once I qualify, and do some travelling
Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today and we hope your wedding day is everything you dream of and more!