Today, we have Bride-to-be, Charlotte chat about when she met her fiance and her romantic weekend break in a little log cabin where she became engaged!
- Where did you meet your partner?
Where did you meet your partner? We met at Sixth Form
- How long had you been together before you became engaged?
Nearly 8 years!!
- Can you remember an exact point when you looked at your partner and thought, “he’s the one!”
Me and my friend Hannah were both walking through our college concourse and we both saw him walk up the stairs and I thought I like him and that was that!
- Where and how did the proposal take place? Was it expected or a complete shock?
I was taken away on a surprise weekend break, I’ve always wanted to go to a little cabin in the woods with a log fire and hot tub under the stars and that’s where I was taken! I cried before I even got into the cabin and then he asked me to marry him! It was a complete shock but the best surprise ever!
- What does marriage mean to you?
To me it means the absolute world to know that we can become a family and if and when we have children we can all share the same name. I couldn’t ask for anything more than to marry my soul mate, marriage to me expresses love, commitment and that we will always have one another to lean on.
- Did you both have the opportunity to meet each others families before the engagement?
Definitely, we had been together for quite a while beforehand so we were apart of each other’s families way before I said yes!
- Have you always had a set idea of how you’d like your wedding day or are you open to ideas?
Open to ideas, the only thing we wanted was for it it be a chilled summer wedding vibe which is what we have planned for.
- Are you planning a small, intimate ceremony or a large wedding?
Large wedding, family alone is 70 people!
- Have you enjoyed wedding planning so far? What’s been the most enjoyable part? What’s been the most stressful part?
Yes! Everything was planned pretty quickly so I haven’t been that stressed out about it, the most enjoyable part was definitely wedding dress shopping. Due to what’s been going on we’ve moved our wedding to next year so now I have more time to change things about, I think that’s the most stressful thing as I have time to think!
- What are your future plans together?
We’re fortunate enough to already live together so we want to travel for a few more years together before settling down and starting a family, if we can have children then it would be making the best possible life for them.
Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today. Its been lovely to hear about your beautiful love story.
Like many, Charlotte is a 2020 Bride and has had to postpone her wedding date to next year due to COVID-19 but we are hopeful that your 2021 wedding day will be celebrated twice as hard and we look forward to seeing all the pictures of your special day.