Today, we have Bride-to-be, Georgia telling us how she got engaged a day after her 30th birthday to them watching an episode of Friends – in fact the Chandler proposing scene (how memorable!) Georgia tells us all about her wedding planning journey and their future plans together.
1. Where did you meet your partner?
We met through a mutual friend at a pub quiz in Coventry. He was so shy, he didn’t speak to me for ages.
2. How long had you been together before you became engaged?
We had been together just over 2 years when he proposed, though he did move to Leeds with me after just 6 months!
3. Can you remember an exact point when you looked at your partner and thought “he’s the one!”
I thought it quite quickly, when I couldn’t wait to see him and I missed him when he wasn’t around and I’d never felt like that before. One pinnacle moment was when we realised I would be home in Yorkshire for Xmas so we wouldn’t see each other for a couple of weeks and neither of us could bear it, so I invited him up for boxing day and he didn’t hesitate in saying yes, even though it meant meeting and staying with my family!
4. Where and how did the proposal take place? Was it expected or a complete shock?
It happened the day after my 30th birthday in Bratislava. It was so casual, we were watching Friends (actually the Chandler proposing episodes) and he ninja’d off the bed and I turned round to him on knee with the most beautiful ring in hand. He was actually planning on doing it on my birthday, whilst we were in Vienna but his plans were scuppered by a closed marina! I did kind of expect it though!
5. What does marriage mean to you?
Marriage is a happy, content life where you share everything, all the laughs and hardships, pain, grief and everything in between.
6. Did you both have the opportunity to meet each other’s families before the engagement?
Yes, we know each others family well!
7. Have you always had a set idea of how you’d like your wedding day or are you open to ideas?
Always open to new ideas for weddings. We saw all sorts of different venue types and styles.
8. Are you planning a small intimate ceremony or a large wedding?
We wanted small, turns out there’s too many family members for that!
9. Have you enjoyed wedding planning so far? What’s been the most enjoyable part? What’s been the most stressful part?
Love wedding planning! Winning competitions has been the most enjoyable, and choosing my wedding dress. The most stressful is the guest list and family politics.
10. What are your future plans together?
he future for us is lots of travelling, with honeymoon in America, Mexico and Cuba. Trip to Oz to visit our friends then start a family at some point!
Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today and we hope you have an amazing time on your honeymoon travelling to lots of exciting destinations.