Today, we are chatting to Bride-to-be, Melissa who is 2020 Bride and is trying to keep as positive as she can during this uncertain time. Melissa details how she is feeling stressed as its still uncertain whether or not her 2020 wedding will go ahead.
1. Where did you meet your partner?
We met online, on tinder! I had been on a night out and a friend of mine wanted to meet a guy she’d met on there! I didn’t like the sound of it one bit but she convinced me to download it! I matched with Matt and deleted the app!
2. How long had you been together before you became engaged?
We’d been together for 4 years, 7 months!
3. Can you remember an exact point when you looked at your partner and thought “he’s the one!”
As cliche as it is, I honestly knew from our first date.
4. Where and how did the proposal take place? Was it expected or a complete shock?
Matt proposed at Southerndown beach in Bridgend, South Wales. It was the day before my 24th birthday. I had a feeling it was coming but wasn’t sure when! It was low key, no ‘down on one knee’ because I’d have hated the attention! It was perfect!
5. What does marriage mean to you?
Spending the rest of my life with my best friend. We’re a 2020 couple so with the current situation, we are unsure what our wedding will be. The most important thing is for us to be married; even if that means a very small number of people there.
6. Did you both have the opportunity to meet each other’s families before the engagement?
Absolutely! I met Matt’s parents a month after I met him and Matt met my parents after 2 months together! I even lived with Matt’s parents for 6 months!
7. Have you always had a set idea of how you’d like your wedding day or are you open to ideas?
Absolutely not! I genuinely had no idea of the type of venue I liked or the kind of dress I wanted! That’s made planning a wedding so exciting!
8. Are you planning a small intimate ceremony or a large wedding?
I’d say it’s a medium size wedding! We have 78 day guests and 120 for the evening.
9. Have you enjoyed wedding planning so far? What’s been the most enjoyable part? What’s been the most stressful part?
I’ve absolutely loved it; every single part! My favourite part was picking our venue. I liked most venues we saw but when we went to Fairyhill, in the Gower, Matt’s face just lit up so I knew it was the one. The venue is beautiful and I cannot wait for our day!
I also cannot overlook how fun dress shopping was! I was open to trying on every style as I had no idea what I wanted but there was one dress I had my eye on and had to try. It was the last dress I tried on; I’m so excited to try it on soon!
I’ve only felt stressed since COVID became an issue and the possibility of our wedding going ahead is unknown! We’re keeping positive though.
10. What are your future plans together?
We would love to have a family some day but who knows when that will happen. First thing is our honeymoon as we think our booked trip in October will be cancelled. Hopefully we’ll be able to go next year! And then maybe we’ll get a dog!
Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today and we wish you all the happiness going forward.