Today, we are chatting to Wedding Hair Stylist, Tracy that tells us what inspired her to become a hairdresser and her passion for working with Brides on their special day.
- What inspired you to become a hairdresser?
I always knew I didn’t want to work in an office and had been drawn to hairdressing for as long as I can remember. So when the opportunity came up I jumped at studying Hairdressing at Saks training school.
- How long have you been in the trade?
I have been hairdressing for nearly 25 years and love it as much today as when I started.
- What do you love about working with a Bride on her wedding day?
I love the ability to get to know the bride and what her likes and dislikes are, it’s a real honour to do a Brides hair. They put so much trust in you to do an amazing job. I have endEd up helping get the bride into her wedding dress on many occasions, it’s fun and you never know what you going to end up doing.
- Do you offer Bridal consultations before the wedding day?
Yes I do like to work with the bride first, and go through the look they hope to achieve.
- Do you have a portfolio of Bridal looks and styles that you’ve worked on before that you can show brides?
A large proportion are on my Instagram and Facebook business page.
- What is your favourite wedding hairstyle and why?
I love hair up styles, but that’s just me. But you do have to be careful with face shapes and the style not being to severe for the bride, as the pictures last a long time.
- Can you work towards a specific hairstyle goal that a client may show you?
Yes I love looking at brides ideas and working together to achieve the right look for her special day.
- What are your 3 essentials hair products you couldn’t live without?
Firstly Philip Kingsley Elasticizer is absolutely amazing for getting hair in the best condition for the big day, secondly I love my trusty back combing brush… I have had it years and it make my like easy. Thirdly loreal imfinium pure hairspray. So easy to work with.
- Do you have any tips or advice about looking after your hair in prep for their big day?
You always want the brides hair to look it’s best, so I do advise the Philip kingsley elasticizer is used a couple of time at least prior to her big day. Relax, and enjoy your day as it goes so quickly.
- Can you sum up your hairdressing style in 3 words?
Flexible, honest and adaptable.
Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today.