Today, Bride-to-be, Jessica is telling us all about her romantic engagement in Koh Tao and how her partner had been travelling around Thailand with a ring in his sock!
1. Where did you meet your partner?
We met starting high school together, year 7 on a school trip to Gambia…
2. How long had you been together before you became engaged?
2 years, 3 months
3. Can you remember an exact point when you looked at your partner and thought “he’s the one!”
When I finally gave in to becoming his girlfriend
4. Where and how did the proposal take place? Was it expected or a complete shock?
Thailand, on the island Koh Tao. Was a complete shock! He was travelling round Thailand for 2 weeks with the ring in a pair of socks!
5. What does marriage mean to you?
Marriage to me is caring for each other and always making each other happy.
6. Did you both have the opportunity to meet each other’s families before the engagement?
Yes, as we were friends even before we were a couple
7. Have you always had a set idea of how you’d like your wedding day or are you open to ideas?
I had an idea of what it would be like but definitely since looking at venues and other things, I’ve become more open to ideas…
8. Are you planning a small intimate ceremony or a large wedding?
A large wedding, lots of family and friends
9. Have you enjoyed wedding planning so far? What’s been the most enjoyable part? What’s been the most stressful part?
Enjoying it so far! Things are only early days yet due to current circumstances.
10. What are your future plans together?
A life together, whatever that throws at us and keep each other happy in any way, shape or form.
Thank you for taking the time to chat with us today and we wish you all the love and happiness