1. Where did you meet your partner?
In a pub called The Ye Old House At Home in Worthing. After a trip to Prague with a friend I stayed in the UK for a day. My friend wanted to go to this pub as her boyfriend was there and it so happened that he was friends with my fiancé.
2. How long had you been together before you became engaged?
5 ½ years
3. Can you remember an exact point when you looked at your partner and thought “he’s the one!”
In Ashbourne after a night out he told me “I will marry you”
4. Where and how did the proposal take place? Was it expected or a complete shock?
In Central Park and I was completely surprised. So we got engaged in Central Park in NYC! We had walked miles over the 4 days, my feet were sore & Ash really wanted to go to some lake at the other end of the park! This was never going to happen! So I moaned and moaned about my feet being sore why did we have to walk so far again today after a while Ash spotted this little secluded area by a lake, it was lovely! I was taking pictures & videos. I noticed that Ash was oddly quiet.
Lou – what ya thinking?
Ash – will you marry me?
I was lost for words and was thinking is this a joke? I said Yes! He tells me he has a ring – it was the best ring ever! A Haribo ring. Then Ash brought me to a jewellers at the Rockerfeller Centre and bought me a ring then I brought him to Macys and bought a Samsung watch that he really liked!
5. What does marriage mean to you?
A celebration of our love and devotion to one another for the years to come.
6. Did you both have the opportunity to meet each other’s families before the engagement?
Yes we have, since the beginning of our relationship we have spent time with each others families as we travelled back and forth between the UK & Ireland.
7. Have you always had a set idea of how you’d like your wedding day or are you open to ideas?
I always wanted to get married in Dublin Airport and thankfully that dream will come true.
8. Are you planning a small intimate ceremony or a large wedding?
We are planning a small intimate wedding/
9. Have you enjoyed wedding planning so far? What’s been the most enjoyable part? What’s been the most stressful part?
I’ve enjoyed pretty most all of the wedding planning, I’ve had fun with it all. The most enjoyable was dress shopping with my Mum, best friend, sister in law to be & mother in law to be. I also enjoyed ring shopping with my fiancé. The most stressful part of wedding planning has been the postponement to next year.
10. What are your future plans together?
To hopefully get married on the 30th July 2021! We plan to travel, have a family and get a house with a lovely garden.