February is the month where we have found ourselves surrounded by people showing their affections for one another, be it for their significant other or their gal pals for Valentines Day last week, BUT in February there is also a special day devoted to showing the love we have for our pets!
You guessed it, it’s today!
20th February 2021 – National Love Your Pet Day.
Whether your pet is a dog, cat, gerbil, horse or budgie, there are ways you can incorporate them into your wedding day, and what better time to share these 8 ideas with you, than National Love Your Pet Day itself!
– Have your pet attend your wedding, it’s not unheard of to bring your horse to your wedding although dogs are more easily managed when part of a ceremony – cute ring bearers in formal attire is the dream isn’t it?
– Have a petsitter bring your pet for a brief visit, perhaps just in time for the photos after the ceremony itself, there are specific businesses that offer this but make sure your pet meets them before the day itself to ensure they are compatible
For those couples who dream of getting married somewhere other than their hometown, these are some ideas for you so even if you’re beloved pet cannot be with you on the day, they will be there in spirit:
– Pay tribute to your pet by reading an animal-inspired poem or reserving a chair for them at the front of your ceremony and adding their framed picture
– Get a cardboard cut out of them, then they’re still a part of your day – sort of
– Incorporate them into your stationery perhaps your save the dates can feature an image of you all when requesting your guests to keep a date free
– Use decor as a way to pay homage to your beloved pets. For example name tables after each and every one of them, perfect idea for an intimate wedding but also quirky for if you have lots of pets & lots of guests
– Incorporate them in your cake design, a cake topper or even a cat made completely of icing, too good to eat!
– Gents, you can literally wear them on your sleeve with cufflinks
– Either you could donate or your guests could donate to a local animal shelter
Will you be incorporating your pet into your wedding day? If so, I’d love to know how!
Photography by Laura Jane Photography